At Cowell we believe in Teaching Excellence as the academic process to motivate students to learn, think, act, and feel.
Learn more about the Denver Plan by clicking on the icon above.
The Denver Plan
The 2010 Denver Plan states the district’s committed to having a highly effective teacher in every classroom and building strategies to support this commitment.
two strategies within the Denver Plan:
- GREAT PEOPLE TO DRIVE BETTER OUTCOMES FOR STUDENTS: Development of a multiple-measure teacher evaluation and feedback system that meaningfully differentiates the performance of teachers.
- FOCUS ON THE INSTRUCTIONAL CORE: Create conditions to ensure educator effectiveness.
(For more information on the LEAP program and the Denver Plan click here)
The Cowell community upholds the Denver Plan and strive to improve our teaching techniques.
- We believe in being positive contributors to the learning environment with a keen interest with the students as the center
- We work towards possessing knowledge of subject matter and demonstrate enthusiasm throughout the day
- We set appropriate learning goals and objectives, and communicate them clearly with our learners
- We demonstrate a positive attitude and trust in students, and continually work to overcome obstacles that might deter learning
- We evaluate and grade students’ work fairly and promptly to allow their results guide our instruction
- We encourage students to think critically and empower them to find their own creativity
- We promote civility, integrity and respect through a wide range of ideas and the open expression of diverse opinions
- We guide our students to explore and be creative, critical thinking and problem solving so that they may grapple with the information and ideas needed for the workforce in the 21st Century
- We promote teaching and learning as scholarly activities that will make our students college ready
- We provide constructive and objective feedback to students on a consistent basis
- We find creative ways to help students connect with each other respectfully as caring human beings
- We believe in listening attentively and are available as well as approachable by all students, parents, and colleagues
- We are able to bridge language and cultural barriers
- As student-centered mentors we make student learning the highest priority
- We strives to stimulate each student to learn through a variety of methods and encourage and invite active student participation
- We instill a desire in students for life-long learning
- We inspire them to higher intellectual levels and will not give up on them
- We develop and use appropriate student assessments to continuously improve student learning and in keeping with state standards